Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Granny Sweet Granny...Squares

 It's true what they say... use it or lose it.
I learned to double crochet in Jr High and made
a square baby blanket for a Sr. Home Ec. project.
That Home Economics, which no longer exists.
(Anybody remember smelling wafts of yummy foods like
brownies and cookies floating down the school hallways?)

After making the DIY Pom Pom Heart Wreath
I had a lot of left over pink yarn, so during the
Polar Blast that hit the South last week,
I snuggled by the fire and practiced
re-learning some crochet stitching.
 Starting with a few Granny Squares. 
I know they're not perfect.
I had to re-learn how to hold my left hand...
to hold the yarn yet have some tension
Boy, talk about cramping and locking up!
 Barbie got a new double crochet "blanket" ;-)
And I even tried adding a scalloped edge
on a square double crochet practice piece.
Obviously I need a little more practice on this one.
Not perfect but it's a start.

Have a happy week, Y'all!


1 comment:

  1. JoAnn, I had Home Ec in high school and loved it! I have never learned to crochet or knit, though. My daughter taught herself to crochet recently, and has been doing every kind of project under the sun. I think your projects look great. Barbie looks very warm and snuggly. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Show some Comment Love!