Monday, January 27, 2014

Yarn Pom Pom Heart Wreath

DIY Yarn Pom Pom Heart Wreath

This was a pretty fun project that I made
for my little granddaughter's bedroom. 
PINK is her favorite color.
And I love her so much,
so I made her a sweet heart wreath.

 You can buy foam heart wreaths but I
made mine from a clothes hanger.
I clipped the hook part off.

 Here's a great way to use up some of those
pesky plastic grocery bags! Wrap the clothes
hanger with as many plastic bags til you have
your desired thickness. Secure with tape.

 I used an old t shirt to cut into strips.
I wrapped the t shirt strips over the plastic bags
in order to hot glue the pom poms to it.
Before you begin gluing pom poms, cut a long piece of yarn  to use for hanging. Tie in the middle and glue to secure.
I used three different color yarns, Hot Pink, Light Pink and White. I even dabbled with making multi
colored pom poms, the one at the very bottom.
To make the pom poms, I just wrapped the yarn
around my three fingers, (index, middle and ring)
with about 50 wraps, then tied them in the middle
with a long string of yarn, and trimmed 
them to the desired "roundness."


A fun project that is very much loved!
Sharing with
 photo TreasureBoxTuesday325.jpg

Linky Party



Adorned From Above

Judy's Handmade Creations

The Makers- Link Party Tuesday's 8am est

thursday favorite things blog hop

504 Main

19 comments:

  1. Well....I love pom poms! This is adorable! I love how you created your won wreath form! My daughter will want one if she sees this post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She'll enjoy making it! Hubby did help bend the clothes hanger. Have a happy, and WARM, day. I always appreciate your visits ;-)

      Delete
  2. Oh. My. Goodness. You are a genius for wrapping the hanger wire with plastic grocery bags! I love pompoms and your wreath is adorable. Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very original, crafty and creative of you! It turned out really cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How kind of you to stop by and leave a sweet comment ;-)

      Delete
  4. LOVE this
    and so simple.
    I am on this like Donkey Kong..
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi and wow you went to a lot of work to make this beautiful pom pom wreath and I saw it at the Fluster Buster party!
    Julie at Julie's Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Joann, thanks so much for the visit to my blog and the follow, I'm now following you too! I look forward to getting to know you and your blog and thanks again.
    Julie at Julie's Lifestyle
    julieslifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome wreath. Come over and link up @ my party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Judy, will hop over and link up. Thanks for commenting ;-)

      Delete
  8. That's such a pretty wreath JoAnn!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is too cute! I love that you made your own wreath form.. clever!
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leslie!! I like saving money where I can ;-)

      Delete
  10. Pom poms are one of my favorite things and you did a great job making this wreath out of them. And how resourceful to use grocery bags! Thanks for linking up at The Makers. See you again on Tuesday for more fun!
    Corey @ TinySidekick.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Joann, Letting you know you were featured on my Linkup Party. Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute! You should have came to the Pinterest Party the other day! We had a blast!

    ReplyDelete

Show some Comment Love!