Friday, December 28, 2012

Winter Blooming Camilla

Ahhh! A touch of Winter Color... 
Camilla Bushes!
This camilla bush is really putting out some
beautiful blooms this winter. This one is my favorite, with the white color mixed in with the pink. And each one is so different.
This is my solid colored camilla, 
which is just as pretty. 
As you can see, I've got my work cut out for me in a few weeks time... I gotta clear out the fallen pine needles and leaves, and spiff up my Front Yard Farmer Girl and BoyIf you look close, you can see one last vinca
trying it's best to shoot out a bloom in the blue pot.
I'm no botanist or landscape artist, but for about the last 2 - 3 years, I've seen these beautiful red berries all over my dogwood trees. They've probably been there all along and I just haven't stopped to notice, but I think they are so pretty.

I just wanted to post something pretty today, because when I start taking down the 
Christmas decor, especially all the lights,
it gonna look so bare in my house {sigh}!!

Happy Friday, Y'all!

Linking to:
Outdoor-Wednesday-logo_thumb1_thumb1

Let's Get Social Sunday

13 comments:

  1. Wow!!! Those camillas are beautiful! I've thought about getting some for our yard, I think I will get some now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are lovely, aren't they? There is also a solid white variety that I want to plant, and they apparently thrive in our soil, so that's a plus! Thanks for visiting today, and Happy New Year to you ;-)

      Delete
  2. Oh how pretty!
    I remember having those dogwood berries at a former house and the chipmunks loved them!
    Wishing you a happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Mildred! thank goodness we don't have chipmunks... our bulldog helps us in the 'rodent problem" area ;-) Thanks for hopping over to comment.

      Delete
  3. How beautiful! The color of the blooms is so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! New follower form Social Sunday. I'm LOVING your crafts!
    Roxana (http://fourelevenrox.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Rox, thanks for the sweet compliment - hopping over to check out your blog. Happy Sunday to you ;-)

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful bit of color right after Christmas! Interesting berries on your dogwood trees:)
    Thank you for joining Lets Get Social Sunday:)
    Have an awesome day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello I love thf flowers they are wonderful. I am now linked using RSS Feed from My Turn For Us, hope you would like to reciprocate. Happy New Year!!

    Oh! My Heartsie
    Live Laugh Love To Shop

    Karren

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooooo ... I love camillas! So glad to have found your blog ... hopefully I will gain some motivation to take better care of my yard. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm waiting for my camilla to bloom. Yours is beautiful. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! But silly question -- is this OUTSIDE or INSIDE? It's a beautiful flower and I sure could use some color inside now that we're into gloomy, old winter here in the Midwest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are outside shrubbery, that if not trimmed, can become trees ;-) I worked with someone who owned one of those lovely old homes (that they renovated) with the porch all the way around, and the camilla trees were about 100 year old - talk about beautiful!

      Delete

Show some Comment Love!