Saturday, December 8, 2012

Star Burst Paper Ornament

Star Burst Paper Ornament made from
old gift bag: Tutorial




Supplies:
Scraps of paper or old gift bag
3 1/2" - 4" diameter circle to trace
(I used a lid from a cake icing container)
Scissors
Pencil or Pen
Nickel, to trace inner circle
Glue 
(I used a hot glut gun as the bag was slick)
small hold puncher
2 sequins (or similar items)
String (gold ornie string)

To simplify, HERE is the video I found
on making these cute ornaments.
They used scrap book paper and white glue.
Because my gift bag paper was very
stiff and slick, I wound up using hot glue. 

12 comments:

  1. This is really neat! I checked out the video which helped very much. I pinned your post since the video (photos) would not show. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gail, I'm eager to do another with some pretty striped paper!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Danni! it looks glittery next to the lights on the Christmas tree ;-)

      Delete
  3. These are so cute! Maybe we can save some wrapping paper and make some for next year! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea, I know I want to make a couple from the red and white striped paper that I lined the Santa cup shelf with - stripes and dots would be really pretty!

      Delete
  4. These are so awesome! What a great idea. The gold would match my tree perfectly! You can just send them on over. LOL Thank you so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very attractive, but a shade too fiddly for my arthritic fingers, I fear. Enjoyed reading about them though. Just dropped in as a fellow guest at this linky party! Have a great Holiday - not long to go now!

    Isobel - www.ColdhamCuddliescalling.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi JoAnn, the gold wrapping paper looks fantastic! Thanks for stopping by my site, after seeing yours done in gold I am definitely going to do gold next year to mix with the white ones I did this year! Happy New Year! - Dria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! these are addicting to make ;-)

      Delete

Show some Comment Love!