Monday, December 3, 2012

Santa Shelf Lined with Recycled Paper

Santa Shelf lined with recycled gift wrap paper

Hey Y'all!  Yes, I'm still amongst the land
of the living - just been super busy. 
Y'all know how it is - Christmas time can be
stressful, even when you try NOT to be stressed.

So, I picked up this really nice
small hutch at the G.W. for $10.
It has hooks on the back so it was
probably hung on someone's wall.
Right now it's setting on top of an old
table that I've got to make a runner for
(stay tuned)
This hutch is all white, and I've been scratching
my head thinking of how I want to 
repaint, and what colors to use.
Still undecided.  I knew I wanted to display
my antique Winky Eyed Santa Cups,
but there is too much white going on,
and I just don't have time to sew right now...
So I rummaged through my paper pile
and found some un-used gift wrapping paper
from last year. 
I call this "Wrapping Paper for Dummies", and
I LOVE IT!  No messy cuts!
I think it turned out perfect!
The top row, except the Santa with the hat,
are from Japan. They are old and
some of the red is rubbed off but
I love them none the less!


The bottom row holds a set of candle holders I've
had since I've been married, and I 
new green bowl I found at a thrift store.
The Santa to the left is not marked Japan
but is very similar to those on the top row.
The Santa to the right, with the candy cane
handle was also thrifted and is dated 1982.

And lastly, I topped the hutch with 
my huge Santa portrait I bought several
years ago at Kirklands. 

Happy Monday Y'all!

18 comments:

  1. It all looks great! Thanks for sharing.
    Be blessed,
    Cindi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cindi! sometimes we crafty folks have to make do with what's on hand ;-)

      Delete
  2. I remember those cups,The paper is prefect and so christmasy. I love the photo of santa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! When I saw the portrait, it was one of those "I'm not leaving this store without THAT!" moments ;-)

      Delete
  3. Everything looks so festive. Love the paper especially.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Mildred! it does go well with the cups, doesn't it ;-) thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  4. What a great way to use wrapping paper! I love how it has lines on the back so you can cut it straight - genius!

    It looks really cute. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I would have loved to have sewn some small runners but this will have to do for now. I appreciate your visit today!

      Delete
  5. I love the winking Santa mugs. I have given mine to a new home where they are more appreciated. Neat idea using the wrap-for-dummies! (I love that stuff!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw the matching Pitcher in a different store but it was a bit pricey. I had no idea was buying such wonderful paper! thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  6. How clever! I love it-your shelves look so cute and festive!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. The stripe is perfect! I remember that each of the kids in my family had one of those mugs. Each one had a different expression. I so wish I had them now. With 5 kids and little storage my mom was always getting rid of stuff - stuff I would love to have now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh No! I have a big walk in closet, to my advantage. Sorry you don't have them now, but if you go to antique and thrift stores, keep your eyes peeled and you just may luck up on a set ;-) Thanks for visiting today!

      Delete
  8. GENIUS!!! I just love how it turned out!

    Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer... From Dream To Reality!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine! I was a "Desperate Crafter" there for a minute, but then bells started ringing and all was well ;-)

      Delete

Show some Comment Love!