Monday, December 17, 2012

Nativity Collection

My Nativity Collection:
The first is the largest in size,
and only had the three figures in the set;
I found the angel in an antique shop, 
which matches the muted colors 
of Mary and Joseph perfectly. 

This set is the smaller of the three sets I have, but
the only piece that it did not have was an angel.
I came across this light weight plastic 
angel ornament playing a harp at the dollar store.
The size fits perfectly in relation to the other figures,
but is not a "stand up," so I hot glued it to the stable.
The colors are a bit brighter but are 
 finished with a more flat, satin coating.
The Shepherd Boy is one of my favorite pieces.

This set is my very favorite.
The colors are bright and finished in a
high gloss shiny coating. 
This set had the angel, plus this
Baby Jesus is not cast into the manger; 
it can be removed.  Some people
do not put their Baby Jesus in the manger 
until Christmas Eve night.
The Kings, camel and donkey are more intricate in detail. 
Again, the Shepherd Boy has a sweet look on his face.


A small musical Nativity.

This very small and simple one-piece set was our very first,
bought our first married Christmas in 1981.
Most all of the "grass" is gone and it has 
gathered a bit of dust, but it is special 
and the meaning is still the same, 
Jesus is the Reason for the Season.

9 comments:

  1. Good morning...some of your naviety scenes look like the set we have..is it made by O'Well Novelty? We have a 12 piece set that we bought at a discount store over 20 years ago. I have never seen another like it until now.
    Have a great day,
    Maxie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Morning! the largest and the smallest sets were bought at walmart; My favorite set was bought at Kirkland's - all several years ago. And both stables were bought at walmart. I have noticed a decrease in the "nicer" items available at Walmart over the last 2-3 years. Thank you for visiting today!

      Delete
  2. Very nice! I do like the shepherd boy as well. These remind me of sets my grandma used to display at Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to collect more but don't have the space. Thanks for visiting today, and Merry Christmas ;-)

      Delete
  3. I love to collect pieces and whole sets of nativity scenes. Yours are very special. I especially love the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for sharing at Wednesday’s Adorned From Above Blog Hop!
    Debi @ adornedfromabove.com
    Angie @ godsgrowinggarden.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww! A post right after my own heart! We are a family that places baby Jesus in the crib on Christmas eve night and also makes the 3 kings wait until the Epiphany...a beautiful legacy to pass on to children and grandchildren! You have a lovely, heartwarming blog. I look foward to more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! and Epiphany is almost upon us. Have a great day!

      Delete

Show some Comment Love!