Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year to 2013!

Latest Lovely Happy New Year Wallpapers 2013
Just listened to a news reporter who did a survey with a few people around the world on exactly what "Happy New Year" meant to them - some rich, some poor... the rich people bragged about their material things and traveling the world - the poor people were happy to have jobs to support their families and for each day God gave them.  For the record, I fall into the last category.

One wealthy lad was the happiest because he had just won a award for winning a game. He was the best! Another man was traveling around the world.  One poor man in South America was happy because he had a job and could support his family... and it gave him something to do. One poor lady absolutely refused to be un-happy, because of the way it made her heart feel. A man in the Middle East said he would be happy if he could just have peace. 

The comments the rich made sounded incredibly vain and selfish, and the comments made by the poor were very humble and heart warming.

Don't get me wrong, if I could land a stash of cash by winning the lottery or by some inheritance, I'd definitely be happy, because I could pay off every bill I have, and the bills of my immediate family.  But then it'd be all gone. And then something else will tear up, break down, not crank - you get the idea... making yet another bill.

I've always heard that if money could buy happiness, Elvis would still be alive.  In a way that's true. After all, for a while there, he was The King! My mother loved every song he sang. And when she listened to his music, THAT made HER happy. My husband's mother seems the happiest when all 60 + family members are in her house, and she's cooking food for all of them!

Happiness is different for everybody.  For me, I'm most happy when my husband and kids are happy... AND when I have the  energy to do some crafting!  I so wanted to make a New Year's wreath, but it's been a busy day at work, AND the last day of the month AND year, AND with it being Pay Bills Day, I'm too tuckered out... but that may change tomorrow, New Year's Day ;-)

13 comments:

  1. It's been fun getting to know you through blogging. I wish you much happiness in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And the same to you Mildred - Happy New Year! I look forward to reading your posts for 2013 ;-)

      Delete
  2. Good post. I too am happiest surrounded by the people I love, laughing, cooking and carrying on long into the night. It's about family and great friends, that is my wealth.
    Happy New Year!
    ~Christina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree completely. Good to hear from you! Happy New Year ;-)

      Delete
  3. Wonderful Post..definately makes you stop and think. I know what would make me happy in 2013 is finding a happy home that can be our forever home. Very tired of moving but just have to try and do it 1 more time. Just want some friends and family and Doctors and stores not so far away. Takes to much time and gas to go 65 miles to go to fabric stores or towns that have other stores and to the Doctor. Hoping everyone has a great 2013 in spite of the bad economy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nancy! We live in a rural area as well, so I can relate. Here's to wishing that you are able to move to your Happy Place this year ;-)

      Delete
  4. Happy New Years Joanne. This year is going to be a great year and I am looking forward to all the possibilities it will bring. Great post and I agree even though you are poor you are happy. I see it all the time in my husband's family in Africa ~they are unable to have jobs and still are so very thankful for the little that we are able to send them. We need to take a lesson from them, money doesn't always buy happiness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marlys! I hope 2013 will be great, despite the looming "cliff", and a smart and responsible decision will be made for the good of ALL of us, and we can continue to help those we love - Happy New Year ;-)

      Delete
  5. I wish you a ☆ :: * Happy-New-Year * :: ☆ from Japan!! God bless you during 2013!

    ReplyDelete

Show some Comment Love!