Monday, December 10, 2012

DIY Personalized Felt Letters


DIY Personalized Felt Letters
Don't have the cash to splurge for
expensive monogramming the names on 
ALL of your families Christmas stockings?

BEFORE


On your computer, select your desired font
and size to your stocking area.
I increased JOHN to 150, and TED to 160.
NOTE: to save yourself a TON of ink,
be sure to select OUTLINE
(find this under Format, then Font)
Print out your names.
Cut and separate each letter.
Pin to scraps of your desired
color of felt and with sharp
scissors, slowly and carefully
cut them out. For the inner
spaces fold and snip a small 
hole to insert your scissors 
to trim out those areas.
Yes, this is my leg as my background!
What can I say... it's Sunday and I'm tired...

I used regular white glue to stick
the letters to the stockings.
They are movable while wet,
to get the correct placement.
I moved the E and D a little more.
I just had to hang one of them up
for a quick pic!

Let them dry flat overnight.

UPDATE..
ALL DONE :-)






Here is the inspiration for my project:
Click HERE to see Dana's tutorial
on her monogram ornaments
at Dana Made It.

Happy Monday, Y'all!

19 comments:

  1. Love the personalized stockings. Very tedious work but I know everyone will appreciate them. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Morning Mildred! I've wanted to have all of them monogrammed for years and that can be expensive. These two turned out great - wish I had thought of it sooner! So the rest will be my project(s) for the week - thanks so much for stopping by to comment!

      Delete
  2. JoAnn,
    These turned out cute! Looks like you've got a lot more personalizing to go. I'm sure everyone will appreciate the extra touch on their stocking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I surely hope they do ;-) Thanks for hopping over!

      Delete
  3. Those are so cute! I may have to do the same on our stockings at home! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look great! What a cute way to personalize the stockings. Good luck with the rest :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tee hee! and so glad I have all week to finish the rest of them. I'll just watch movies like A Christmas Story and Scrooge whilst I cut. Thanks for coming over to comment! Merry Christmas to you!

      Delete
  5. Adorable stockings and I love the felt names. Perfect match!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! thanks so much for stopping by to comment. I'll be adding the stockings as I get the names finished - I did 2 tonight, posting the pics in a few minutes ;-)

      Delete
  6. JoAnn,

    I LOVE your stockings and your projects always turn out beautiful! Love those monogrammed ornaments as well! So cute!

    Thanks for participating in Pinned it Made it Monday!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely! Just what everyone needs to see on Christmas morning! Hope everyone enjoys the contents of their stockings. Happy Holiday to one and all!

    Isobel - www.ColdhamCuddliescalling.blogspot.com a fellow guest at this linky party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Isobel! thanks so much for stopping by! Yep, Santa will pack 'em full.

      Delete
  8. That looks so easy! I need to get some ink and make those ornaments for next year! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice. I have often wondered how to get perfectly formed letters to cut out. Thank you for this informative and easy tutorial. Happy holidays to you and your family :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Danice and a very Merry Christmas to you!

      Delete
  10. Great job of making the stockings more personal JoAnn. Really cute! Have a wonderful Christmas! Thanks for sharing with Share Your Cup.
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea! Makes it so much fun for the kids. :)

    Thank you for partying with the Wildly Original Crowd this year. I love having you over and seeing what you're creating!
    <3 Christina at I Gotta Create!

    ReplyDelete

Show some Comment Love!