Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Creamy Pumpkin on Pedestal

Hi everyone! No, I have fallen off the face of
the earth, just haven't been feeling too swift 
and needed some down time...
I found this pretty cream colored pumpkin,
the last one on the shelf, at our local WalMart
and I love it!  Now, I haven't been too
much on the "creamy" colored pumpkin side
'cause, well, pumpkins are orange. 
In my head anyway. But this one looks
nice in my little pine cabinet nook.
I got the pedestal at GW that is
actually a pillar candle holder
(it has a little section in the bottom 
to hold the candle to keep it 
from sliding around, I guess...)
 and yes ladies, they're on to us...
I paid a bit more for it than I wanted
to for this piece but, oh well.
I scrounged up some left over fall leaves
and found some cattails and
made a "make-do" floral ring.
Not to bad, I don't think.

Happy Tuesday, Y'all!

Sharing with:

15 comments:

  1. Your pumpkin looks really nice. I don't thank color matters in the decorating world. We like them all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL ;-) I'm trying to expand my color palette and this one worked out nicely - thanks so much for coming over to comment!

      Delete
  2. Very seasonal JoAnn, I think it looks lovely and just think next year you could get creative and hand paint it with some enamel paints to your specifications. Have a lovely week, hope you are feeling chipper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Paul! the cream is a nice "break" from the ordinary orange, which made it appealing to me. I'm feeling a bit more 'human' again so hope to get more posts up this week. Thanks so much for sending well wishes from across the sea ;-)

      Delete
  3. Yeah, I usually think of pumpkins as being orange, too, but how pretty is that cream one. I love your adding a pedestal under it. Great creativity, JoAnn :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Danice! I'm always finding those little spaces that NEED an extra pumpkin!
      Thanks for commenting ;-)

      Delete
  4. Nice pumpkin! Love the cream color. Hope you are all better :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the cream-colored pumpkin! Hope you're feeling your best soon!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to admit I loved seeing the various colors and kinds of pumpkins this year!

    xoxo
    Karena
    A Special Scalamandre Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry I am still half asleep this morning! Your centerpiece is gorgeous!!
    xoxo
    K

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been wanting to get some of those white/cream colored pumpkins, but never seem to make the clearanced ones in time before they're all gone. Yours looks pretty sitting on the decorated base!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beth! I actually passed it over on Monday, thought it about it and went back Tuesday - glad it was still there ;-)

      Delete
  9. I think it's beautiful! Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving me a sweet comment today on my Fall Tablescape. I hope you are feeling better and that you have a wonderful weekend!
    Blessings,
    Nici

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am happy you are back and feeling better. This is lovely. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things hop xo

    ReplyDelete

Show some Comment Love!