Sunday, November 4, 2012

Acorn Ornaments and Lemonade

Just a quick post today folks...
since I made the Acorn Wreath and
painted it orange, I completely fell in 
love with it all over again!

BlogButton

This can be carried over into 
my Thanksgiving decorating and
I'll be tweaking by Fall "mantel"
with this pretty baby!
So anyway, I thought I'd try
some Acorn Ornaments.
They turned out pretty good!
Right now I've got them hanging on 
my year-round Country tree.
Can't decide on leaving them natural 
or giving them a coat of orange paint.

An added bonus for us today is we finally 
some much needed rain!!
Hurricane Sandy completely skirted us (GA)
We've been dry as bone for the last 2 weeks,
and our dirt roads were like trying to drive
thru baby powder in certain spots.

So Where's The Lemonade, you ask?
I was glad to see on the news that {some of} 
the NY Marathon runners
decided to turn lemons into lemonade
by running deliveries of basic necessities
to area residents in need. Helping others.
Now that's showing the true spirit of America!

18 comments:

  1. My sis in IN babysits her 3 yr old granddaughter. They enjoy picking up acorns or "haycorns" as the little girl says! I'll give her the link to your blog. This is a gorgeous wreath!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, Haycorns - gotta love those kids :-) Thanks so much for sending out the word on my little wreath!

      Delete
  2. I love the acorn ornaments. I would so make those for my tree if I could find some acorns! And your wreath is lovely too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angie! thank you for commenting. I put up a tree in my husband's den with a fishing / hunting / theme, so even if I don't put them on my LR tree, they will fit in perfectly on his. Have a great Monday!

      Delete
  3. I love the orange wreath! So eye catching and beautiful! Visiting from sunny simple life :)

    Tammy
    ourneckofthewoods.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there! thanks so much for hopping over. The wreath is actually much more prettier in orange than it was in red, although I LOVE red - somehow it's more fitting in this color.

      Delete
  4. Great idea, I don't think I have ever seen an acorn wreath, but what a smart idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are right, the wreath did turn out great and it is the perfect color for fall. I loved reading your blog and I am following you now.
    I would love for you to follow back.
    Jillian
    http://puzzlemecomplete.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jillian, I appreciate it. Have a great Tuesday!

      Delete
  6. Hi, my new friend,
    Oh...My goodness! Your wreath is a masterpiece! It is just beautiful and you did such a perfect job of placement of the many many tiny acorns.
    I'm so glad you shared and thank you for your kind visit and comment on my blog.
    Blessings,
    Carlynn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thank you for coming over to leave a kind comment!

      Delete
  7. OOOOps...I just realized I dropped the O in the spelling of my name....
    Silly Me!
    Double Blessings,
    Carolynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful wreath can't believe that you made that!! Patience must have been the key, great job. Thanks so much for stopping by, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love this! Thanks for sharing on Marvelous Mondays! I will be featuring on my blog this weekend. I hope you will stop by and check out the features post!

    Julie
    www.thisgalcooks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie, thanks for featuring my wreath and ornaments!

      Delete
  10. OK, I am totally in love with these ornaments and that wreath! Now I need to get busy gathering acorns to see what I can make of them! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Kathie! I appreciate your visit today!

      Delete

Show some Comment Love!