Saturday, October 6, 2012

Pillow Body for Witch Head

Many moons ago, I bought this large witch head that has a variety of recorded "witchy" laughs and Halloween music, Boos, etc.
And then many more moons later, I decided her head needed a Witch-y body, in which I used an old lumpy pillow that I pressed all the filling to one side into a rectangle to form the body section.

Her super cute Halloween-y dress is material simply gathered and glued onto the top of the pillow body.


Her legs are made of scraps. I sewed them to one of those pillows that have gusset sides. I just sandwiched her legs inside and stitched over them several times.



I free handed her boots, cut them from felt, stuffed them and glued her legs into them, and added some odd buttons.

Her head is attached with safety pins, in the event she "dies", which I would just make another body...or head.
Her arms are made from an old pillow case, and sewn into the pillow sides. I glued the dress sleeves around the arms and onto the dress top.

She has survived many Halloweens, always indoors, and I hope she'll be around for many more ;-)

Happy Saturday, Y'all

Sharing with:

Throwback Thursday Linky Party

12 comments:

  1. How neat she is!~ Boy, you have really had some great blog posts lately! You are just full of wonderful ideas! Thanks so much!
    Blessings,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! I can't imagine the head without the body! I love her dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great job! Hope you had a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable little: Witchy Woman :).

    I hope she survives many, many more Halloweens!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love a pair of stockings like that and the boots as well! Pillows come in handy for lots of crafty stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! I have lots of old pillows, that's for sure. thanks for visiting today!

      Delete
  6. She is such a cute witch! I love her curly toe boots. I hope she will be your Halloween friend for many more years too!

    ~Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is really cute--especially with her new body!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is adorable! I love witches! So festive and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! New follower, hoping you'll follow back ;) http://thecraftiestallie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Show some Comment Love!