Friday, October 12, 2012

Fall Front Porch Decor


Hey y'all! Hope your week has been good.
I've been a little bit under the weather, which is why I haven't posted anything all week, but I have visited a few of you and linked up to some great parties!

The two pumpkins with hats are made from real
Georgia Clay that I bought them at a store
up in Conyers, GA, I THINK at a store called Carolina Pottery? Can't remember...
I call this duo my Pumpkin Patch Kids.
It's really a draft stopper
This mini witch is about 25 years old. She was the first piece of Halloween decor I
bought when my daughter was a baby.
Her "in-erds" stopped working long ago
but I kept her and put her out every year.
I don't have the heart to throw away my old
scarecrow. He is showing his age and is faded somewhat. He has survived two dog attacks {that I know of}


The Old Witch is propped on a bluebird house 
that my husband made but hasn't 
had the time to put up yet.

Here's the back porch steps. My Mexican Heather just keeps on sprouting out those beautiful little flowers! I love them! And the wild morning glory vine has wound itself up the banister rails. It's so pretty in the mornings when I leave out for work.


Hope you enjoyed the photos, 
and hope Y'all have a great weekend!

*Added Photo*
Good Grief! I forgot to post a pic
 of my front door scarecrow...
When I bought it, I didn't notice that
one side of his "hair" was completely
missing! Plus the one side was way too long, you know "Hippie Style" ;-)
So I cut half of the one side and glued it to the other - good thing I'm no cosmetologist!
I'd be fired for sure!!

17 comments:

  1. How fun and festive everything looks. I love this time of year. Hope you feel better very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Joann everything looks so good. I love the draft catcher scarecrows! So cute.
    Thanks for sharing, have a great weekend.
    Be blessed,
    Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh JoAnn it's all lovely. I want to shop at your house! Love the scarecrow yard art, he's adorable.
    ~Christina

    ReplyDelete
  4. All your halloween babies are cuties,but my favorite is the pumpkin spider...I love him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tee hee, he is super cute isn't he? He was one of those "I'm not leavin' this store without him!" purchases ;-)
      Plus he lights up !!

      Delete
  5. So sweet! Love how it came together! Thanks for sharing at the Pomp Party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,thank you so much for your nice comment on my blog, your decoration is so beautiful on your from porch. I loved
    XO
    Isora

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am lovin the pumpkin patch kids... The spider also has my vote. I really like how it all came together. Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute decorations... I still haven't got mine out and I usually try to do it before Canadian Thanksgiving... and I am now just about a week late and will be even longer ~ hopefully Tuesday or Wednesday I will get mine out. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Marlys! thanks for your comment. I know what you mean, but better late than never... I leave my Fall stuff out til after our Thanksgiving Day. And then I leave my Christmas stuff up thru January - it usually takes me that long to get it all stuffed back into the closet ;-)

      Delete
  9. Hi JoAnn,
    You really did a great job decorating. I love the decorations. Thanks so much for sharing at Wednesday's Adorned From Above Link Party.
    Debi @ Adorned From Above
    www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debi! I enjoy your linky parties and posts very much - you're a great host

      Delete
  10. Your porch is lovely and I think it's wonderful that so many of the objects have been with you for years. I do that too - carry things over because they're dear to me - and I think it lends projects much more personality.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your porch is so pretty! I love the scarecrows. I still have not decorated my porch. I need to get busy on that! LOL Thanks so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent. HUGS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you've still got plenty of time - "Fall" decor extends thru Thanksgiving at my house ;-) thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  12. Cute! I love the scarecrows and that spider pumpkin is creepy and creative!!! Thanks for sharing @ Submarine Sunday!

    T'onna

    ReplyDelete

Show some Comment Love!