Friday, September 28, 2012

The Crashed Pumpkin Repair and More Fall Decor


Y'all may be familiar with the
monogram pumpkins from Hobby Lobby.
No, they don't come adorned with berries or leaves.
And what MIGHT not be familiar with is
something that looks like this.

the Big Crash and Smash Cover Up...
See, it all started like this. We were headed
home from shopping when hubby  
spied a truck he wanted to stop and see...
while driving 60 mph...
did a nose dive in my car and a 180 degree turn...
down goes the pumpkin out of the seat...
{Perhaps I should have buckled Him in}
it smashed and crashed on top of 
another pumpkin I'd bought for my DIL...
I could hear the crunching of the ceramic...
There must have been steam coming from my
ears and smoke from eyes...
HE KNEW he was in for it...
No words, all the way home...
Seeing how it was HIS fault with no chance of
getting another H {I'd just bought the last two}
He set right to work with super glue, 
doing the best with what was left of 
the shards... when it dried, I added some
remnants of odd berries and leaves.
I guess it'll work... 


This is a shelf top swag made of fall picks.





Happy Friday Y'all!

Linking up with:

My entry into Make it Pretty Monday's link party is sponsored by Appliances Online.

23 comments:

  1. Love the pumpkin! Thanks for linking to the Pumpkin Party on our blog. It helps make the party successful. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure somebody felt really bad and tried to "fix" it. Turned out really beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great way to camoflauge the fix! Your turned a mishap into a good thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Creative cover-up! Thanks for the nice comment on explorenewness.wordpress.com so I could find you and see all this creativity. I'm inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, thanks for stopping by my blog. I am happy to be following you back via GFC.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great way to dress up the boo boo! I really dig the embellishment! Thanks for sharing at the Pomp Party!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you made lemonade from that lemon! I love the berries and leaves that you added! Life to the full, Melissa @ DaisyMaeBelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way to make it work! Never would have guessed. Now it is a pumpkin with a past!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't you just hate that?! You did a good patch job tho. :)

    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did a nice job of putting Humpty Dumpty together again! Nothing a little floral pic can't hide. It's looking pretty Fallish around your house!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. cute post. great cover up.
    off to see more, but will probably not leave a lot of comments.
    I have a hard time seeing the word thing you are supposed to type in.

    blessings
    barb

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a neat cover-up!!! thanks for sharing with us at my party.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh WOW!!! You covered it up soooo well! It looks GREAT!

    Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine! I didn't want to throw it away, HB didn't have anymore H's, so what else was a crafter to do but add 'Fall Camouflage' ;-)

      Delete
  14. I love all of your fall decorating ideas - especially all of the sunflowers! And you are very clever at covering up "boo-boos." Fun looking around your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Resa! and thanks for coming over to comment - I love comments ;-) Although my blog name is SweetPepperRose, sunflowers are my very favorite. I decorate with them from Feb - Nov. then it's all about berries! I appreciate your visit today.

      Delete
  15. I found your blog in a blog hop! I love these ideas and the pumpkin looks great! I'm a new follower and would love if you followed me
    www.iheartpears.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. You did a fabulous job making it beautiful. I love the extra special touch. :) That is so something my hubby would do. LOL Thank you so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent. I am always so trilled to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. looks terrific, great touched. thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things hop. Sorry I'm a bit slow getting here xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your fall decor, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great way to fix it up...our last initial is "H" too. I didn't know Hobby Lobby had these. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You have great fall decor. And you can't even tell there was a "disaster" from the front. Thanks for sharing on Tout It Tuesday! Hope to see you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

Show some Comment Love!