Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Sweet Little Woolie Apples

I arrived home today to find my order
of sweet little "Woolie Apples" from
sitting in my mail box...


(and for some reason Cherubs have been catching my attention lately)
Aren't they adorable! They fit perfectly in the
antique yellow ware bowl I spotted at a local
Antique and Thrift Shop... 
The bowl is a story unto itself...
I had been eyeing it for about 2 months. 
TRYING so hard to hold on to my pennies...
but it matched my larger yellow ware bowl,
almost to a T...
So I took a deep breath and walked away.
Ever find something in a store you just LOVE,
a little tight in the wallet at the time (ALWAYS!)
I feel like pitching a tent and camping out around it,
fending off "predators" with steely eyed stares
only Clint Eastwood would be proud of.
Fast forward a few weeks and pay days... it was gone...
well, it wasn't in its usual place.
But I rounded a corner and happened 
to look up, and there she was, setting high
on the seat of a hanging painted ladder back chair,
slightly tucked back and out of the way,
almost as if somebody was hiding it for 
retrieval at a later date and time, perhaps?
When I spotted those beautiful blue bands, that 
was all she wrote. I scooped it up and made a bee line
to the cash register... and to make the deal even sweeter,
it was ON SALE...almost Half Off... Yippee!
Back to those sweet woolie apples...
If you haven't been over to Trace's site,
I highly recommend it. You won't be disappointed!

Happy Tuesday, Y'all

15 comments:

  1. Thanks Joann!
    Love how they look in your beautiful yellow ware bowl.
    SO exciting to get such a deal.
    Happy Dance.
    Hugs
    Trace


    www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes ma'am, big happy dance, although I waited til I got home to do that ;)

      Delete
  2. The wait paid off! It sure is pretty too. I love the apples, espc the plaid!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute! I wanted to also let you know that I nominated you for an award - well 2 actually! You can check it out on my blog, Love Bakes Good Cakes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Apples and I think you were meant to be the owner of that bowl. I have had things like that happen too and when we finally get to purchase it we know it was meant to be ours. You did good and the wait paid off :)
    Hugs
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, the wooly apples are the best!
    I found you on Katherine's linky and I love your site. The green on the side bars is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi and so happy you hopped over to comment! Katherine's parties are some of the best. Thank you for you sweet comment - I hope you visit often :)

      Delete
  6. Those apples look lovely - thanks for the link! Off to check her out now :)

    Sarah
    http://acatlikecuriosity.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sarah! Thanks for stopping to comment. You have a very nice blog over your way!

      Delete
  7. sooo cute!! Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop linky party. Sorry I'm a bit slow getting here xo

    ReplyDelete

Show some Comment Love!