Monday, August 20, 2012

Stuffed Zucchini Strips


Stuffed Zucchini Strips

I saw this recipe over at The Single Nester
I added meat to my version:


*Added Note: there are many recipes on Pinterest!

6 zucchini, sliced in half length wise, 
and with insides scooped out:
Add to the zucchini "in-erds"
1/2 lb cooked *ground beef
*ground sausage would have also been great
and I'll try this meat next time. 
Spicy sausage will add a nice flavor.

1 Red Bell Pepper chopped
1/2 tsp Garlic Salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/4 c. crushed seasoned croutons
Shredded Mozzarella 
*Olive Oil
*I forgot to oil the pan but they did not stick
*Next time I will lightly coat the
zucchini with olive oil before baking.

I had so much stuffing left over that 
I put it in a glass pie pan, but this would have been great wrapped up in a flour tortilla shell, had I had them on hand.

Happy Monday, Y'all!
Sharing this with:

12 comments:

  1. Looks wonderful! I came over from Apple Grove Treasures. So nice of you to award her! Great idea! Have a good and Godly day! God is good all the time. Laura R.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! she has a lovely site that I enjoy visiting ;) Yes, he is, even when we can't see it.

      Delete
  2. Yummy.
    I will have to try these for sure.
    Love the bouquet from your daughter.
    So sweet.
    Hugs
    Trace

    www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Morning:) Another site with a similar recipe says to let the "boats" bake for about 7 minutes before stuffing, and return them to the oven. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  3. Your zucchini recipe sounds good, JoAnn! And that cupcake bouquet is just the cutest thing ever! What a great idea and I bet it was yummy too. I just love the icing on those things! :)

    Have a great day!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Tammy! yes, it was all so good - that icing is slightly addicting ;)

      Delete
  4. Yum. I love zucchini. This recipe reminds me of the zucchini boats I've made before. I will have to try your recipe, though. It looks great! I'd love for you to share this at my party. http://www.thisgalcooks.com/2012/08/marvelous-mondays-link-party-8.html

    Have a fabulous afternoon.

    Julie
    www.thisgalcooks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie, thanks for the invite ;) there are so many terrific zuk recipes out there. I could have eaten the stuffing mixture right out of the bowl.

      Delete
  5. Thank you so much for sharing this great recipe on Marvelous Mondays! I hope to see you at next week's party. :)

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my. So yummy. I'm gonna have to try these. Thanks for sharing at the All Star Block Party.

    Holly

    ReplyDelete

Show some Comment Love!