Wednesday, August 29, 2012

De-Brassing Lamps Part 2 & Awards

Here is one of the old brass lamps I spray painted.
I thought one can of spray paint would cover both, but

I should know by now that if you THINK you have
enough paint, always by an extra or two.
I used the Rustoleum, with the rusty feel.
I am very pleased with the outcome.
I really like the way it looks by itself,
but in this particular location, where
so much of the surroundings are already brown,
I'm not so sure. 'The Jury' is still out on that one.

I'm considering an olive colored green,
which would match some colors in my wallpaper border.
So, until Hurricane Isaac calms down,
the other lamp will be on hold.

On another very pleasant note,
I received an email today letting me know that
my blog has received not one, but two awards!
chose my blog for the One Lovely Blog Award
 and the
Very Inspiring Blogger Award.
Thank you Jamie! I appreciate it!
It'll most likely be the weekend for me
to choose those that I am to pass on the awards to,
so check back - you may be one of them ;)

Happy Wednesday, Y'all!
 

9 comments:

  1. Congrats, JoAnn! Your blog really is awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job on the lamp JoAnn! I really am NOT a fan of brass...so any color is a huge improvement in my book LOL Congrats on your awards & thanks for visiting me :~)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree, anything other than brass is fine! Congrats on the awards:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lori, I'm slowly de-brassing more that just the lamps, now if I can just get hubby to take down my ceiling fan! I have always loved brass on most items, it's very '90s ;) I guess I'm old school, but I'm slowly coming around... Baby Steps :)

      Delete
  4. I love what you did with the lamp! I am working on a "candycane" lamp now. Congrats on the blog awards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Leslie, a candy cane lamp sounds so cool! It'll be very festive for Christmas :)

      Delete

Show some Comment Love!