Sunday, July 15, 2012

Front Yard {Farmer Kids} Decorations Re-Do

Happy Saturday Y'all!
I thought I'd share a few pics of my old "Farmer Kids" 
set that I re-painted with my favorite lovely RED...




 -sorry no before pics - just picture in your head old sun-faded black metal. They were a gift from my MIL, years ago. They are so cute! Each one has a "ring" hand to hold a clay pot, but the Boy's is broke :( so I had to set him behind the big pot of vincas. Plus his ring feet are all out of wack, so he needs help leaning on the flower pot.
                          
I just love their faces! They remind me of the old Charlie Brown characters, especially the girl... a short haired Lucy?

I tried to get a good wide snap shot, but somehow their faces just won't show up good, unless you're up close.

By the way, can you spot my Craft Flop? 

I'll give you a hint... 

look in the first picture... 

still no? 

ok, here's a close up... 

what is it?
A Spanish moss covered bunny...

Well, it's supposed to be a CUTE Spanish moss covered bunny...

it started out like this...
I thought I could improve on it by adding this...
but I just ended up with a big blob of an unrecognizable mass of moss... so I stashed it... in the plants... to help cover up a hole... oh well...the rest of it's cute though, right?
Linking this Project with:

17 comments:

  1. Very cute and they do look like Charlie Brown characters. I have some vinca in pots just like yours.oh btw-love your bench!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Jana! been meaning to re-do them for quite a while now and did a couple of weeks ago. Just now getting around to posting them. thanks for visiting! Hope your area is as sunny as ours is!

      Delete
  2. How cute! And such a nice outdoor spot for relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sara! It is, when we have a cool breeze a-blowin', otherwise we're swatting Georgia gnats and mosquitoes :) Thanks for coming over to chat! Love your SFP items.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your Farmer Kids, they are cute. I know what you mean about the rabbit, some things are better in my mind than they turn out when I try to make them, but maybe it looks better than you give credit for. Lol! This looks like a nice shady spot to get out of the hot sun this summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary, I have a room full of "maybe I'd better not post that one" crafts flops :) I appreciate your visiting today!

      Delete
  5. Thanks for following my blog ! I am following you now via GFC
    Have a great week!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful! your ginger choc truffles look amazing - thanks and hope you visit often!

      Delete
  6. I think I'm in love with you pallet bench! Your "camo" bunny is really hiding now with his mossy coverup. Such a nice shady spot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teehee!! yep I suppose he's even more covered now LOL! My son made the bench for me a few years ago for a HS project, which I failed to mention in my post. Believe me, I was SO happy when he brought it home! I appreciate your visit and comment!

      Delete
  7. Very cute! Thanks for sharing at the All Star Block Party!

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Holly! it's always so fun to link up to the Block Party!

      Delete
  8. I love the cute things you have in your garden! Everything is beautiful and growing so well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We win some and lose some lol! Your garden is a winner! Thanks so much for linking up at I Gotta Create! <3 Christina

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love those farm kids, the red is great, and now the bunny is a bit more natural. :-) Thanks for sharing on Tout It Tuesday! Hope to see you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A new coat of paint made your farm kids smile again. I hopped over from Sunny Simple Sunday. Now following. I have a link party, Share Your Cup Thursday. I would love you to share sometime.
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! wonderful that you came by, and will do - hope to get these lamp
      d o n e this week ;)
      JoAnn

      Delete

Show some Comment Love!