Saturday, April 14, 2012

Sunflowers and Blackberries for Summer Decor

Sunflowers are my favorite flower.
I've tried to find a flower for summer decorating,
and I always come back to the sunflower.
I know some folks only decorate with them during the fall, but...
I think I've figured out how to summer-fy them...
add in Blackberries!
I also added in long blackish-purple flower sprigs
(that I can't remember the name of).
I LOVE berries, but buying enough of them
to put around everywhere can get pricey!
Blackberries and pods from Hobby Lobby
I wanted to bring out the mustard color in my
wallpaper border, and Sunflowers fit the bill.
Besides roosters, I have a new love for little white sheep.  
Although my main color scheme is jewel tone,
my border has a variety of lighter colors that I
can choose to bring out, like the pear / green apple color.
What flowers do you decorate with during the summer?
I'd love to hear your comments.




4 comments:

Show some Comment Love!