Friday, April 27, 2012

Lima Bean Orb

Lima Bean Orb
See how I turned a bag of lima beans into a cute decoration . . .


Materials needed:
3 " styrofoam ball
Large bag of lima beans
Hot Glue Gun and sticks
*Candlestick
For easy access, pour beans into a bowl;
Find something that will hold your styrofoam ball in place
as the weight of the beans will tilt the ball,
and with a hot glue gun, you need both hands :)
I'm using an OLD mill thread spool, it was my Mother's. 
Plus, I'm propping it against my sewing machine.
*If you want a completed orb, simply continue
going all around the ball with the beans.
If you want to prop it on a candlestick,
I suggest finding a flat lid (white, preferably, 
if you're not going to spray paint the finished project)
This is a V-8 bottle lid, that fits nicely in the upper part
of the candle stick; alternately, you could use a dowel
piece, or even on old candle piece, pushed into the ball.
This produces a cascading effect, like a flower bouquet.
On the bottom row, try to point your beans downward.

Here I am using my DIY T SHIRST DUSTING GLOVES
cleaning off my lantern for my photo shoot :)

I REALLY like the natural color of the bean, 
against the black lantern, atop the pewter.
But, I MIGHT go back and spray paint it
the BLUE that is in my wallpaper.
Hmm, decisions, decisions.

HAPPY FRIDAY, Y'ALL! 



10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! these are super easy to make... and cheap!

      Delete
  2. I like that and was very impressed with the dusting glove. Did you make that. Maybe I will make one for Billy and if he likes it he can dust the furniture for me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Nancy, good to hear from you! The orbs are fun to make, and I do believe I will go back and paint it. About the gloves - yes, I make them from old Tshirts. If you'll click the pink title, it should take you to my how-to page. They are wonderful! You'll never go back to a plain cloth. The finger tips really get into deep groves that flat cloths miss. Thanks for stopping by to comment!

      Delete
  3. That is a really cool project. I want to try to make this. Thanks for sharing the project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary, this is a fun, quick and easy project to do.

      Delete
  4. Organic and great texture! Thanks so much for linking up at I Gotta Create! <3 Christina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christina! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Check out my latest post, the painted lima bean orb :)

      Delete
  5. Ok so I found your Lima Bean Orb this is genius. I have a lot of beans maybe we could do this sometime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes fun and easy - pop in a movie whilst you glue, it'll be done in no time! thanks for commenting!

      Delete

Show some Comment Love!