Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Cereal Box Monogram Letter

Monogram letter made from a Cereal Box and LOTS of tape,
two layers of paper mache, two days of dry time!!
and two coats of paint. Extra pieces were needed for...
 
the back and sides, so I used parts of a cracker box.
Cut along the box indented lines to remove the top and bottom,
and separate sides, front and back.
Cut and shape to your desired letter and style.
Cut newspaper strips about 1/2 inch wide.
Mix one cup flour, one cup water, and 1/2 TBSP salt.
Stir until smooth. (Similar to pancake mix.)
Place onto letter covering entire area; let dry completely.
Do another layer and let dry.
Choose your paint color.  Apply at least two coats.
Let dry between each application.

Happy Wednesday, Y'all!
  Linking up with

15 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! it was really fun to do, except for dry time, but that just allowed me to start another project :D Thank for visiting my blog. Hope you come back soon.

      Delete
  2. I think I would like to make one of them in the shape of a "D" and then use for display at a show with pictures of dogs on it. Not enough time to make one for this event though :)
    Thank you for taking the letteroff so people can leave comments :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! The "D" would make a really nice display item for your events.

      Delete
  3. Oh I LOVE this! Thanks so much for the tutorial! You know I love making things from card and newspaper!!!
    Thanks so much!
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Making something cute from things that would go into a landfill was fun. A bunny is next on the list. Thanks for stopping by to comment :)

      Delete
  4. Very nice project JoAnn. However did you get the sides of the letter to be such a perfect match to the tops?
    I like that you did a craft that we all did in our schooldays at one time or another. It was fun remembering.
    Hugs,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Careful tracing and a lot of tape ;) this is my very first paper mache, not sure how I missed that in school. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  5. Very pretty, I have been meaning to do this for a long time now. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll enjoy this project, it's a bit therapeutic with the right music :) Thanks for visiting my blog!

      Delete
  6. you changed the curtains in the dining room! if you don't want the white ones, i do. they are my favorite. also nice H. one of my students made me an E (my spanish name start with an E. Estefania) out of card stock and it's super cute. i think i'm going to frame it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How sweet of them and framing it would look great.

      Delete
  7. Great recycle! Thanks so much for linking up at I Gotta Create! <3 Christina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Christina, love your site and thanks for another great party :)

      Delete
  8. What a neat idea! Looks great and also a great way to recycle. New follower :)

    ReplyDelete

Show some Comment Love!