Thursday, March 22, 2012

Fruity Apron with Strawberry Appliques

Here is the simple butcher style apron
I made for my daughter, Stephanie.
She received it today in Spain.
She wanted one with strawberries, which I
couldn't find, but did find material 
that had strawberries in the mix . . .


She loves red and green, so I thought this contrasting
green/white material worked well.
I cut the strawberries from craft felt, 
and threaded short white stitches for the "pits"
and left over green material for the leaves.
I machine stitched the strawberries down
with a short zigzag stitch.
Stephanie loved it! 
She even Skyped me to model if for me: )

Happy Sewing, Y'all!

Linking Up With

7 comments:

  1. stumbled onto your blog via the blog hop and just wanted to leave you a little blog luv! Def enjoyed reading this post!! new follower!

    http://infinitelifefitness.com
    http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lucky daughter you have. That style of apron is great and the fabric is fun.I adore the strawberry appliques!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Holly! the strawberries were fun to make. I love applique.

      Delete
  3. I love how you hand stitched the pits in the strawberry...very clever :-)
    I'm stopping by from the blog hop and happily following.
    I hope you have a chance to stop by my blog and hopefully follow back.

    Take care,
    Jen
    sunnyvanilla.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jen! thanks for hopping over. Will do :)

      Delete
  4. i'm wearing the apron now as i make spinach and almond soup. :)

    ReplyDelete

Show some Comment Love!