Wednesday, February 29, 2012

NYR: a LATE 6 weeks check up

NYR - that's short for New Year's Resolutions... so I made some. Maybe I shouldn't have. I told BRAIN I wouldn't. Before I knew it, BRAIN did. In case you didn't read my list, here's the run down...




1. Lose 10 lbs - oh those pesky ten pounds!  I lost 52 lbs about 6 years ago, and I have been fortunate to be able to keep nearly all of it off. But with a bunion and heel spur, and all the other stuff I deal with (migraines, fibromyalgia, arthritis), it's been really hard to get back into the walking I once was able to do. I got down to a size 2 from a size 16. I'm now struggling to stay in a size 4. So this is definitely my first and foremost thing to work on... but I do love Sprite! So improving my diet by avoiding sugar and doing more floor exercises will have to be part of my plan.


2. Read and buy more "real" books - with the Kindle now on the market, I fear paper books are on their way out! Never ever ever would I have thought the BOOK could actually be replaced with an electronic gadget thing-y.


3. Write more checks - The state of Georgia is no longer required to teach cursive hand writing (if you can't write it in cursive, who's gonna be able to read our old cursive documents in the future?), and I get furious with the "convenience fee" that (some online) companies want you to PAY in order to make your payment with your card. I see this as a win-win-win situation - I get to improve on my handwriting, help the U.S. Postal Service with mail to help keep American jobs, and I avoid those convenience fees :)


4. Get my craft room organized - need I say more?


5. hmmm, maybe I'd better stop right here...



BRAIN'S Report Card (not mine:)
#1... F.... I haven't lost not one pound

#2... D... well, I do READ more.... blogs oh, and decorating magazines (those are books, right?  RIGHT?)

#3... B+... yes, I'm writing more paper checks, but my penmanship still sucks

#4...F-... yes, that a MINUS sign... in fact, it's messy-er now
than it was when I started on it...

#5... doesn't count... :) ha!

So my Grade Average is... um, I forgot how to average... to sum it all up? I'm failing. Miserably. But I aims to improve
in the next 46.... I can count:)

How About Y'all?
Did you make any NYRs?
Are you sticking to them?

2 comments:

  1. I made a rsolution to complete my cook book with more celebrities recipes and also to save up to move back up by Family and Friends(the second one is going to be a little harder to achieve but I am working on it)
    I think you will do fine...just take 1 day at a time. It will be easier to do things when Spring is in full swing :)
    Hugs
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy, I wish you much success on both. I did try to walk today in town, but Lawn Mower Man kept blowing rocks and dirt on the track... so I came home and sewed something super cute:)

      Delete

Show some Comment Love!