Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Sewing Table 'Good Will' Find!

I found this huge trestle table at our local 
Good Will last year for $40, thinking I might repaint 
it to use in my dining room, but the table is missing
both end's inserts, which are usually 18 inches.
This table could easily seated 8 - 10 people. 
No chairs or benches came with the table.... 
so I decided that I needed a sewing / crafting table instead.

I needed a large flat surface for projects such as quilts,
so my husband cut out a place for the machine,
using the same board to support the 
sewing machine underneath.
The top can easily be removed and replaced. 
(see the three bolts?)
The rest of the table is very good shape, 
should I ever decide to have
another top made, with the matching ends. 
I'd love to have Windsor chairs on one side, and a 
long bench on the other.

Happy Good Will Hunting!

JoAnn 

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! I'm sure it will be well used. Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete

Show some Comment Love!