Tuesday, December 13, 2011

PEACE Cross Stitch Quilted Wallhanging


While digging through a drawer of old cross stitch projects
(that I never seem to get around to finishing, completely)
I found this old PEACE cross stitch, it's at least 3 years old.
It had been crammed towards the back of the drawer,
leaving it pretty wrinkled. I pressed it out with the steam iron
(for about 15 minutes... aida is stiff stuff)
I found the pattern in an old library book of crafts.
In the book, their PEACE sign was double matted and framed.
I've been down that road before ($$$) so I knew I wasn't gonna do that again.
Picking through yet more scrap material (gotta be budget minded these days)
I found some old Christmas colored material with a nice pattern.
Looking at it now, lying on the table, I wish I had put another
row of the pine trees above the PEACE word. 
I hope to finish it over the weekend and will post the finished product next week,
I need more low loft batting and some backing material.

I'd love to hear your comments!
JoAnn 

5 comments:

  1. Its very pretty like it is, but I can see what you mean about the row of trees above for balance. I like the border fabric that you picked out also. It will be a nice wall hanging for the holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. And I agree, it would have balanced better. I will definitely keep this in mind on my next cross stitch venture. Thank you for commenting and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's going to look fine without that second row of trees - sometimes balance is over-rated! Can't wait to see the finished project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sarah! I get ant-sy just before "the finished product" ;) I did finally get invited to Pinterest, it's still a little confusing but I'm getting there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rose, it's just gorgeous! I wouldn't have thought about the second row of trees, except that you mentioned it. I think looks great just the way it is. :)

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Show some Comment Love!